Ann Arbor Chapter 195
Current 2021 - 2022 Officers
Craig A. Theros
Peter G. Petropoulos
The Ann Arbor Chapter #195 was established in 1930 and a key supporter of the Ann Arbor St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church from its early beginnings. The Chapter donated the land for the original St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church in Ann Arbor in 1931.
The Ann Arbor Chapter #195 has a long history of meeting the AHEPA’s mission to promote the ideals of Hellenism, Education, Philanthropy, Civic Responsibility, and Family & Individual excellence.
Recent examples of our activities include: the restoration of the Statue of Ypsilanti; the dedication of the Statue of Hippocrates; major contributions to the Ann Arbor St. Nicholas New Church Building Fund; and over the last 20 years, annual scholarships to more than 40 High School Graduates.
Social and Fundraising Events
The Chapter has monthly meetings with at least 15 members present and continues to be very active throughout the year.
In addition, we sponsor two Lamb Luncheons, a Christmas Party for the DOP and AHEPA local members, the New Year's Party and a Golf Outing every June. Also, the Chapter is responsible for the maintenance of the Greek and American flags at the Statue of Ypsilanti in Ypsilanti, Michigan, the only city in the US that bares the Greek General's name. Also, along with the St. Nicholas Greek School, we sponsor the Trisagion at the Statue of Ypsilanti to commemorate two important days in Greek history: OXI day and Greek Independence Day.
The Chapter currently has over 100 paid members, plus another 40 past or potential members who are part of our mailing list.